Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com.
The position will be responsible for the following:
• Working with teams to plan, implement, and prepare manufacturing locations for new equipment and processes.
• Improving yields, lowering costs, and increasing manufacturing uptime by supporting existing facilities.
• Creating contracts for equipment acquisition and construction.
• Write electrical specifications and make electrical single line diagrams and layout drawings to select electrical contractors.
• Read and work with construction drawings.
• Provide the plant support through preventive maintenance for electrical distribution systems.
• Work to support and troubleshoot issues with control systems including PLC programming, and interface systems to PLC’s such as MMI, SCADA and other.
The background and experience requirements for this position are as follows:
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 2-5 years of experience within a manufacturing setting
• Experience working with basic power distribution for 600volt class systems (motor control centers, distribution panels that feed auxiliary support equipment and lighting, and AC substation transformation). Experience with higher voltages (15KV and above) is helpful but not required
• Understanding of emergency power generation systems.
• Experience in the applications and uses of variable speed drives and associated operator interface devices.
• Understanding of the National Electric Code and experience in obtaining electrical permits and assisting with electrical inspections.
• Practical experience with industrial field control devices, pressure transmitters, thermocouple options, motorized valves, proximity sensors, etc.
• Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions.
• Ability to work effectively and communicate across multiple levels including but not limited to maintenance and production departments.
Why work for Guardian?
For more information about Guardian Industries Corp., visit us at www.guardian.com.
Guardian Industries Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS