Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com.
Responsibilities & Expectations
· Ensure necessary Company records are prepared and maintained according to established federal, state, and local safety and environmental guidelines.
· Conduct facility inspections as required by governmental permits. Maintain current Method 9, RCRA and DOT training certifications.
· Reporting and record keeping as required by governmental permits on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual basis.
· Develop training materials and provide instruction to hourly and exempt employees on EH&S topics (Hazard Communication, Lockout/ Tagout, Confined Space, Hearing Conservation, Spill Response, Emergency procedures, electrical safety, Hazardous /Universal Waste, Process Safety Management, Waste Management, and PPE).
· Assist with internal audits to make sure our facility maintains compliance.
· Assist with incident investigation, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for work-related injuries and incidents.
· Coordinate Near Miss/Hazard Reporting, Safety Programs, and safety awareness activities.
· Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
· Perform job hazard analyses and recommend safe operating suggestions.
· Provide production support for activities which impact environmental, health or safety.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 3 – 5 Years in position
· Must be problem solver who is willing to tackle and follow through complex and difficult tasks. Strong communication, negotiation and organizational skills. Ability to influence and challenge team members at all levels of the organization. Excellent written, oral and computer skills required.
· Requires knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, Clean Air Act, NYSDEC Title V air permits, Hazardous Waste (RCRA), Chemical/Petroleum Bulk Storage, Spill Prevention, and Community Right to Know (EPCRA). Knowledge of chemistry and biological science. Current RCRA, DOT Haz Mat, First-Aid/CPR training preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Safety or related science field
· Experience in Manufacturing
· A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
· Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
· Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
· Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.
For more information about Guardian Industries LLC., visit us at www.guardian.com.
Guardian Industries LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS