Guardian Glass, a major business unit of Guardian Industries, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of float, coated and fabricated glass products. At its 25 float plants around the globe, Guardian Glass produces high performance glass for use in exterior (both commercial and residential) and interior architectural applications, as well as transportation and technical products. Guardian glass can be found in homes, offices, cars and some of the world’s most iconic architectural landmarks. The Guardian Glass Science & Technology Center continuously works to create new glass products and solutions using the most advanced technology to help customers see what’s possible™. Visit guardianglass.com for more information.
- Compliance with Financial Regulations and Accounting Policy
Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and accounting policy to avoid any major amendments in our financial.
- Compliance with Tax Legislation.
- Keeping abreast of changes in tax legislation to avoid any tax exposure.
- Development of Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized.
- Financial Review
- Review month-end reports are accurate and effectively
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Achieve no more than a 5% variance actual vs budget
- Work with Operations and Supply Chain team to reduce working capital to be < 10% of net sales
- Financial Reporting
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff to take right decisions.
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Provide management by accurate, timely, useful financial information while recommending further courses of action.
- Manage to complete all month-end reports and delivered by 5th day of the following month.
- Assist the Plant Manager and the Board with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings.
- Establish an action plan to enhance the financial control
- Ensure that team members RR&E's are aligned with our Vision and address our key risk
- Establish an action plan to complete the implementation of the RMS in the plant
- Financial Analyses
- Analyses costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans with variance less than 5%.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Maintain SG&A at a level < 8% of net sales
- Maintain S&P Variance +/- 3% of line items.
- Cash Flow
- Monitoring cash flows and predicting future trends
- Sufficient resources to cover company liabilities
- Zero banks overdraft.
- Business Plan
- Manage the preparation of the company’s Business Plan.
- Establish guidelines for Business Plan and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual Business Plan in consultation with the Plant Manager and Regional Office with accuracy more than 95%.
- Helping in implement new systems
- Internal & External Audit
- Coordinate with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Annual Internal Audits reveal no repeat issues and no major issues.
- Management Talent
- Fill in successor
- Enhance knowledge sharing that lead to profitable actions and promote knowledge processes that create value.
- Hiring new accounting talents
- Supervising staff, balances team and individual responsibilities
- Delegates work assignments, matches the responsibility to the person
- Cross training
- Fixed Assets
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Review payroll to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
Guardian companies are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. If you are interested in finding out more about our culture, please visit us on our website:
Software Powered by iCIMS