Guardian Glass, a major business unit of Guardian Industries, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of float, coated and fabricated glass products. At its 25 float plants around the globe, Guardian Glass produces high performance glass for use in exterior (both commercial and residential) and interior architectural applications, as well as transportation and technical products. Guardian glass can be found in homes, offices, cars and some of the world’s most iconic architectural landmarks. The Guardian Glass Science & Technology Center continuously works to create new glass products and solutions using the most advanced technology to help customers see what’s possible™. Visit guardianglass.com for more information.
Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com for more information.
Responsibilities & Expectations
· Create alignment to the safety vision and drive hazard awareness with direct reports.
· Ensure OTIF goals are met.
· Determine dock capacity and long-term manpower requirements.
· Responsible for coordinating dock operations of 10 employees pulling and loading customer orders and unloading interplant shipments.
· Responsible for effectively managing manpower and dock schedules, prioritizing projects and daily operations.
· Good communication skills with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines, ensure follow up, and manage goals.
· Set goals and objectives and complete performance evaluations for direct reports.
· Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Sales, Production and Scheduling) to optimize production requirements.
· Coordinate continuous improvement activities with outside vendors and carriers.
· Manage plant inventory to FIFO.
· Improve cycle counting process and goal.
· Manage rack inventory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 3 – 5 Years of Supervisory experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management
· Experience in Manufacturing
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
We offer competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%. For more information visit us at www.guardian.com. Guardian Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS