Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com.
Engineered Glass Products, LLC has an opening for a Operations Manager at our Chicago, IL facility. As Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for the advancement of our culture, as well as safety and environmental compliance, product quality, cost control, production, reliability and maintenance excellence.
Responsibilities & Expectations
· Understanding, developing, applying, and coaching employees on our culture of Market Based Management® (MBM®).
· Managing the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing process to assure that safety, quality, and productivity are maximized.
· Ensuring timely and effective communication of key issues to all staff.
· Managing and understanding P&L and plant operations plans.
· Driving the organization to focus on continuous improvement.
· Working with R&D and Sales to modify and/or produce new products.
· Supporting, evaluating, prioritizing, and implementing of capital projects to increase the value consistent with business vision and objectives.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or manufacturing processes preferred
· Commitment to safety, quality, and production in support of company vision
· Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing
· Strong background and experience in lean manufacturing
· Understanding of ISO Quality Standards
· Excellent computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, projects, initiatives
· Demonstrated commitment to professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
· A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
· Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
· Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
· Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.
For more information about Guardian Industries LLC., visit us at www.guardian.com.
Guardian Industries LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS