Guardian Glass, a major business unit of Guardian Industries, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of float, coated and fabricated glass products. At its 25 float plants around the globe, Guardian Glass produces high performance glass for use in exterior (both commercial and residential) and interior architectural applications, as well as transportation and technical products. Guardian glass can be found in homes, offices, cars and some of the world’s most iconic architectural landmarks. The Guardian Glass Science & Technology Center continuously works to create new glass products and solutions using the most advanced technology to help customers see what’s possible™. Visit guardianglass.com for more information.
Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com for more information.
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for the design and installation of one or more of the following:
· Float Glass Capping and Packing Systems
· Sputter Coater Systems
· Wet Coater Systems
· Tempering Systems
· Laminating Systems
· Material Handling Systems
· Automation and Robotic Systems
· Work with Eng-Ex, Regional, and Facility teams to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules
· Manage all aspects related to assigned portion of projects
· Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, installation scopes of work and RFQs
· Perform contractor analyses and selection, contract and contractor management as required
· Manage the scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project and document, justify, and obtain approvals for significant changes
Expectations for Individual in Position
Will effectively implement glass fabrication systems to support business and innovation needs.
Minimum: 4 year Engineering or 4 year Engineering Technical degree
Preferred: Advanced Technical Degree / Glass Fabrication Experience
Minimum: 5+ years in Engineering or 10+ years in related work experience. Projec
Preferred: Experience with glass fabrication capital projects and skilled in designs and installation supervision of float capping lines, sputter coaters, wet coaters, laminating lines, tempering lines, material handling, or automation systems. Proven track record of successfully designing, specifying, contracting, and supervising equipment and systems installation.
· Self-Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
· Strong technical knowledge to design, specify, procure, install, and commission systems
· Skilled to predict, recognize, and effectively solve problems and interferences
· Effectively manage contractors, budgets, and schedules
· Communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the department, regional, and global organizations
· Travel International when needed (likely 30-40%)
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
We offer competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%. For more information visit us at www.guardian.com. Guardian Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS