- Planning and Scheduling:
- To implement and to monitor Germany master planning in accordance with S&OP Strategy;
- To cascade the master planning into schedule of production lines, raw material supply plan as well as shipping and warehousing capacities;
- To optimize production sequencing based on customer demand and production lines capabilities to ensure best customer service and efﬁciency of the production lines;
- To optimize ﬂoat schedule of the two lines to ensure best ﬂoat availability for fabrication lines (especially for the coater);
- To optimize the schedule of Thalheim coater
- To improve customer service, increase productivity and reduce obsolete product risk
- Warehousing and Shipping:
- To ensure safety in shipping and warehousing operations at any time;
- To increase safety standard by constantly promoting safe behaviors, discipline and continuous improvement and by reporting continuously unsafe situations through incident report;
- To implement plant warehousing strategies for raw materials, packaging and ﬁnished products. To adapt warehousing capabilities to market complexity and product mix in order to improve our customer service and increase our competitive advantage specially for storage of none standard sizes for UC or SunGuard projects;
- To execute shipping loading plan achieving highest service rate with the fewest possible resources. This must be driven by constant performance measurement, live information enabling all actors to follow the evolution of our shipping operations and by using lean manufacturing tool such as Visual Management SS, VSM and SMED to increase efﬁciency in our operations.
- To supply Fab lines on time making sure we optimize internal glass ﬂow focusing on increasing their output.
- Transport Management:
- To lead transport strategies to ensure best customer service at the lowest possible cost;
- To optimize transportation routes maximizing trucks utilization (combi-tour) and optimizing weight by truck according to country regulation;
- To use Intermodal transportation as soon as the occasion arise;
- To manage carriers’ relations: negotiate contracts, allocate volume according to
- available capacity and price by destination, raised claims and challenge carriers on their value propositions;
- To ensure tracking and availabilities of frames and loading devices;
- To optimize glass transport between plants according to fabrication lines needs and shipping and warehousing constraints;
- To build loading plan according to shipping constraints ensuring highest service rate to customers.
- To leverage maximum value for the Thalheim site by getting the best offers (price, quality and lead time) from our suppliers;
- To ensure availabilities of material according to production planning;
- To harmonize supplier base for both facilities according to price and plant requirements;
- To monitor suppliers’ performances according to agreements;
- To manage the procurement system administration.
Leadership skills are the key to be successful in this role. As a true leader, the candidate we are looking for must be able:
- To ensure that the role and responsibilities of the organization in Thalheim are aligned with the Vision for Europe and help to deﬁne priorities towards this Vision;
- To promote and to apply MBM principles on a daily basis;
- To identify talents, put a speciﬁc focus on their development and make sure to retain them to generate the highest value for the organization;
- To identify low performers that are not aligned to Guardian’s expectations in terms Virtue and Talents and do not provide the company with a competitive advantage;
- To measure performance gap and implement an action plan to recover an acceptable situation short term;
- To release people for who Guardian does not see how to bring them to the expected level;
- To hire people to cover and to bring on board the competencies and expertise missing within the teams;
- To achieve performance reviews and implement RRE for each employee of the supply chain organization.
Functional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable strong business and operations management skills — we are searching for candidates very strong in coordination and projects management; “connecting people together";
- Supply Chain experience is required (preferably the mix between plant and corporate experiences, matrix organizations);
- Demonstrable strong leadership and communication skills — “bringing people together” approach;
- Change management culture and experiences are required — the candidate must be able to deal with ongoing transformation and entrepreneurial culture, based on trust and freedom, and focused on objectives and added value creation.
Requirements / Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- Proven experience of at least 10 years in a similar position; business and customer-focused;
- Excellent organizational skills and a great sense of initiative;
- Hands on and solution-oriented attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven leadership and team management experience.
The candidate must be able to ﬁt to the Guardian’s culture and guiding principles,
outlined in the MBM (Market-Based Management) guide:
- Value Creation
- Principled entrepreneurship
- Customer focus
Languages: English is mandatory. German is very nice to have.